A message from the CEO
Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. The global coronavirus pandemic is affecting all of our families, our businesses, our communities, and our way of life. During this time, I wanted to reach out and update you on how we’re approaching the situation at 39plus.
First and foremost, our hearts go out to anyone who’s been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. Our thoughts are especially with those who unwell, to whom we extend our heartfelt wishes for a full recovery.
Secondly, at 39plus we are focused on the health and safety of our employees, families and communities.
In light of this, we have had no choice but to scale back some of our services. Programs like the Social Support Group and Community Outreach are suspended until further notice as we adhere to the Social Distancing regulations.
39plus will continue to provide the following services:
1. In-Home Respite - We can provide you with a one to one service in your home. Our Support Workers can complete your grocery shopping or run errands if they are required, however, we are unable to take any Customer out into the Community.
2. Cottage Respite - Our Coastal Cottage in Rosebud will remain open and available to Customers. We will be restricting numbers in order to minimise any risks.
3. Medical Transport - We are able to provide this service for all of our customers.
4. Garden & Home Maintenance - This service is available for all customers.
We are extending our telephone office hours indefinitely, so if you require any of the above, please call us to book the appropriate service.
39plus is here to support and assist all of our customers through this difficult time.
Coronavirus: Important information for Victorians
As restrictions ease, we can’t ease up on looking after ourselves or each other. If you have any of these symptoms, you must get tested and stay home:
- Fever, chills or sweats
- Cough or sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
Getting tested means you keep yourself, your friends, family, workplace and your community safe. It’s not over yet.
Staying Apart Keeps Us Together Find out where to get tested visit vic.gov.au/CORONAVIRUS